Hudson RPO Quickly Expands ISP into New Markets
Our client, a US$1billion Internet service provider, was branching into the municipal wireless market. Although the company had an internal recruitment team, it did not have the capacity to hire all the business and technology talent needed for its new division. Consequently, the client explored its options for a recruitment project model.
Specifically, the client's goals included:
- Building a scalable and flexible recruitment solution capable of hiring up to a 100 technical, sales and client positions over a 12 month period
- Hiring 30 technical engineers and client leaders within 90 days
- Increasing their caliber of hires and expanding candidates’ qualifications needed
- Implementing an end-to-end hybrid hiring solution from sourcing to on-boarding without straining the resources of the organization’s internal Talent Acquisition group.
Hudson RPO Solution
Hudson RPO was chosen as the primary vendor to provide staffing and recruitment services to help this company reach its expansion goals. Hudson RPO’s team was led by an on-site Project Manager supported by a dedicated team of recruiters focused on providing direct sourcing and recruitment administration.
Meeting each of the client’s objectives, Hudson RPO:
- Put in place a comprehensive recruitment plan that included developing a Talent Map to identify where candidates would be sourced
- Designed and implemented a best practice candidate screening methodology, including competency profiling of the top Wi-Fi industry professionals
- Partnered with the client’s internal Talent Acquisition team to provide a seamless recruitment process.
Project Recruitment Results
The internal Talent Acquisition team viewed Hudson RPO as a partner and best-practice recruitment consultant. Hudson RPO successfully filled 30 jobs in one market within the first 90 days. During a nine-month period, the scope of the project expanded to include more than 80 hires.
An improved competency model and consistent interview process led to a higher-quality candidate pool, as well as a better experience for candidates and hiring managers.